Dining at Tanaku Lodge
We start out each morning with fresh coffee at 4:30 am for the early risers. At 5 am we have a continental breakfast with fresh pastries, assorted breads, yogurt, juices, and fresh fruit. At 6 am we have a lunch buffet set-up for you to make your lunch to go on the boat with you. Assorted meats, cheeses, all the toppings you could want. At 7 am we serve a full breakfast for those that want to enjoy the day’s selection. After breakfast you head down to the boats for your fishing adventure. You normally return to the lodge around 5 pm. We weigh any of the fish and take any pictures you might have not taken on the boat. At this point, you can choose enjoy the hot tub, watch the fish being weighed while taking in the Eflin Cove scenery, take a quick shower before dinner. At 6 pm we have appetizers set out for you to enjoy and relax. At 7 pm we serve dinner. It starts out with soup or salad, one of our favorite entrées with all the fixings, followed up by dessert.
Every morning starting at 5:00 a.m. we have piping hot fresh coffee and a continental breakfast for your enjoyment. Fresh sliced fruit, homemade pastries and breads, bagels, English muffins, scones, assorted juices, yogurts, and a variety of cereals. We also have home-style oatmeal available that can be topped with raisins, brown sugar, chopped pecans, and sweet cream.
- Buttermilk pancakes topped with warm maple syrup accompanied with thick bacon slices and fresh fruit.
- Wild Maine Blueberry pancakes topped with warm maple syrup served with turkey sausage and fresh fruit.
- Fluffy scrambled eggs and country ham served with hash browns and fresh fruit.
- Alaskan grilled salmon hash topped with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce, accompanied with fresh fruit.
- Buttermilk biscuits topped with country gravy and served with homemade grits.
- Homemade cinnamon French toast served with pepper bacon and fresh fruit.
- Buttery croissants filled with scrambled eggs and ham, served with fresh fruit.
- Crab quiche for the lighter diner served with fresh fruit.
- Omelets cooked to order, your choice of ingredients.
- Banana stuffed French toast with a crumble topping.
- Apple and oatmeal pancakes.
Each day we pack your lunch. We fill your lunch box with an assortment of deli sandwiches, snacks and desserts. (Special requests are available.)
- sourdough bread
- whole wheat bread
- hoagie rolls
- potato bread
- 12 grain bread
Assorted deli style meats
- Black forest ham
- Honey baked ham
- Smoked Turkey
- Honey baked turkey
- Roast Beef
Assorted deli style cheeses
- Provolone Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Swiss Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Snacks and desserts
- Assorted chips
- Whole fresh fruit
- Fresh baked cookies and bars
- Assorted Candy
- Fresh Dungeness crab served with spicy cocktail sauce and lemons
- Wings of fire served with ranch dressing and carrot & celery sticks
- Fresh local oysters, sweet and very fresh
- Assorted grilled quesadillas: smoked salmon and cream cheese, pepperoni, grilled chicken, vegetable, or assorted cheese
- BBQ shrimp wrapped in bacon with a hint of horseradish and cocktail sauce
- Chips and salsa, and fresh guacamole
- Homemade crab cakes served with remoulade sauce
- Southwest Egg rolls, black beans, corn served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa
- Mushroom strudels
- Ham and cheese pinwheels
- Home made shrimp pockets made from phyllo dough served with peanut sauce
- Escargots in shells
- Halibut tacos with cabbage and all the toppings
- Smoked salmon with capers, onions, and cocktail sauce
- Blackened sea bass served over a bed of salsa and chopped cabbage
- Blackened salmon fingers
- 7 layer dip with chips
Mixed fresh green garden salad
Locally grown assorted lettuces and vegetables. Choice of homemade dressing consisting of creamy herb vinaigrette, or balsamic vinaigrette, blue cheese, or ranch dressing.
Classic Caesar dressing topped with croutons, fresh Italian Parmesan cheese, and anchovies.
Soup of the Day
All our soups are home made from scratch by our chef. Tomato basil, clam chowder, onion & cheese, beef barley, chicken noodle, vegetable, or seafood chowder
Our chef will prepare a different selection for you daily. Here are some of the selections we serve. The chef is creative and comes up with menu options weekly. You will have an alternate choice if you do not want the selection.
- Grilled Halibut with spring vegetable risotto served with fresh asparagus and tomato lime broth.
- English style beer battered halibut fish and chips served with tarter sauce and malt vinegar.
- Sesame crusted halibut skewers served with hoi sin dipping sauce and ginger cabbage.
- Pinor-planked salmon served with baby red potatoes, and grilled corn on the cob.
- Braised lamb shank with demi-glaze and mashed yams.
- Grilled pork loin chop with a bourbon-currant sauce and garlic mashed potatoes.
- Rosemary crusted rack of lamb served with a cabernet roasted garlic demi-glaze and potato chevre gratin.
- Grilled tenderloin served with baked potato and fresh vegetable.
- Muscovy duck. Roasted breast served with pear brandy sauce, caramelized pears and potato au gratin.
- Hardwood flavored roasted prime rib of beef. Slow roasted with a hint of alder flavoring and served with béarnaise and roasted potatoes.
- Pan roasted pork tenderloin served with creamy barley risotto and creamed carrots.
- Freshly grilled salmon served with rice and broccoli.
- Parmesan crusted ling cod, grilled to perfection topped with pesto cream sauce, home fried potatoes.
The Tanaku Lodge has a wonderful selection of desserts for your after dinner pleasure.
- Tiramisu is Italian for "pick me up"
- Ladyfingers soaked in espresso and brandy and slathered with sweetened Marsala-laced mascarpone
- Bread pudding whether it be chocolate or traditional is worth the trip for topped with bourbon sauce
- Berry crisp topped with vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate crepes filled with chocolate mousse served on a cram anglaise sauce
- Cheesecake that melts in your mouth topped with berry sauce
- Blueberry pie topped with ice cream
- Apple crisp topped with sweet cream
- Death by chocolate cake
- Assorted sorbets
- Warm chocolate spooncake topped with strawberries and whipped cream
- Apple pandowdies
- Chocolate mousse
- Créme Brulee
- Assorted fruit tarlets